Role: Transport Manager
Salary: £40,000 per annum. Plus benefits.
An experienced Transport Manager is needed to oversee a busy and challenging department. This is very much a hands-on role, in which you will provide vital support to the business, working closely with other departments to ensure we provide highly accurate, on-time deliveries to our customers. Managing 20 plus heavy good vehicles delivering to hotels across the Midland area.
The ideal candidate will have a manufacturing or logistics background and be an experienced manager of a high performing team.
- To take overall responsibility for the organisation of the Transport and Loading departments and provide strategic advice and planning support to the departments;
- To be responsible for managing all drivers, scheduling of rotas, rest days and so on;
- To manage recruitment and selection of drivers in conjunction with the HR Department;
- To ensure the Company complies fully with all Ministry of Transport and VOSA legislation and requirements;
- Evaluate and review daily route scheduling and ensure efficiency in designated routes;
- Ensure safe systems of working for all staff under your responsibility including provision of all manual handling and other training activities;
- Work within monthly financial budget constraints;
- Monitor and manage individual staff performance and provide coaching and training as well as deal effectively with any performance or disciplinary matters in conjunction with the HR team
- be prepared to be flexible with hours worked as we operate 24/7
Contact us on 0121 271 0727.