Role: Regional HR Business Partner
Location: Management team based in the North West.
* Regular travel required across the UK (1 - 2 nights per week away)
Benefits: Car allowance, BUPA medical, life assurance.
An opportunity has arisen to work for one of the leading equipment rental businesses in the world.
Reporting to the HR Director and working closely alongside 2 other HRBPs
Responsible for managing the HR contribution for specific regions and divisions within the organisation. As HR Business Partner your role will be to support the midterm plan and strategic objectives within your region/ division, through effective operational, and strategic solutions.
Need to be flexible to travel nationwide on a regular basis. You must be a minimum of level 5 CIPD qualified, have proven HR generalist experience, a credible influencer and communicator and have strong commercial business awareness.
- Work in conjunction with the Business Director to develop business plans / structure change plans as required to improve the effectiveness of the regional structures.
- Provide advice to the Regional Management team in the development of resourcing, succession and recruitment plans.
- Drive the effective delivery of change initiatives within Region/Business Unit areas of responsibility.
- Lead HR projects as required from time to time, working with the wider HR function and stakeholders across the Business and its effectiveness within the business.
- Provide first line management advice and support regarding employee relations matters, in line with company policy and local employment law.
- Attend the monthly regional Performance Review Meetings.
- Identify patterns/trends of ER that may suggest underlying issues and propose viable business solutions.
- Provide regular guidance to team members and senior managers on HR services that are compatible with the strategy of the business.
- Support the regional headcount within budget requirements and constraints.
- Contribute to the formation and maintenance of HR polices to support the needs of the business.
- Provide guidance to line managers on salary and reward reviews, performance assessment and budget allocation.
- Ownership of the Region/Business Unit annual performance appraisal process and ensure the process continues to drive performance to meet business needs through ongoing review.
- Play an active role in employee engagement activities across the business.
- Minimum of Level 5 CIPD qualified with an in-depth and up to date understanding and application of UK employment legislation.
- Proven generalist HR experience working with blue collar and white collar teams.
- Demonstrable knowledge across all functions including Performance Management, ER, Reward and Succession planning.
- Experience of managing a challenging ER case load in a multi-site business.
- Evidence of ability to communicate and influence at all levels in a business including at a senior management level.
- Strong organisational, communication, administration, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to think of the bigger picture in terms of solutions and to understand the business impact and risks of alternative solutions.
- Effective communication skills and building relationships quickly with key stakeholders.
- A strong customer and commercial focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to work under pressure and multitask, resilient with a calm, mature and professional outlook at all times.
- Ability to be flexible in relation to work locations at short notice.
- Flexible with overnight stays 1-2 nights a week.
Please contact us on 0161 711 1710