Role: Night Operations Manager
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Reporting to a Depot General Manager, the purpose of this role is to oversee and review operational processes to ensure Depot Productivity, Cost, Quality and Service is met. To develop resources within the depot to create accountability and manage talent and develop succession plans to ensure operational capability is sustainable. This role will work in partnership with other parts of the business to include Hubs and Delivery to ensure an end to end service is met
The role is to be the second in command to the Depot Manager, being accountable for the night shift leadership and so you will need to have a wide range of input into the depot, in order to ensure it is run efficiently in the absence of the Depot General Manager
*Ensure the depot offers both internal and external customers and clients the highest levels of customer service throughout the distribution process. (e.g. Delivery Teams & Couriers)
*Coach, Mentor and develop the shift managers to ensure they know their operation and how to build and drive a better performance.
*Manage the depot operations and admin management teams in running an effective, dynamic, process-driven and results-orientated depot.
*Optimise network performance and cost effectiveness through design and monitoring of challenging KPI’s implemented through the operational management teams.
*To provide leadership, support ensuring individuals are engaged, motivated and committed to operate as a high performance. .
*Communicate effectively with all depot staff within the 24 hour operation and to include the cover of shift as and when necessary.
*Ensure all Health & Safety requirements and matters are reported, investigated and reduced.
*Responsible for transport related requirements, in line with 'O' Licence regulations.
*To review and manage, through the Depot Transport manager the control of working time hours, in line with WTD and AWR.
*Build, review and conduct regular performance reviews with Direct reports, in line with the company process.
*Maintain compliance standards across all targeted areas, including ISO accreditation.
*Ensure the security of site and associated procedures are adhered to at all times.
*To ensure all financial, service and enquiry reports are completed within the agreed timescales.
*Ensure the depot meets operational targets and maintains control of the cost base
*To, on occasion, provide cover for the Depot General Manager.
• Computer Literate (Advanced Excel mandatory – SQL or Python preferred)
• Level 5 Management Qualification or equivalent
• IOSH Qualification or equivalent
• CPC National certificate or equivalent. ( Or commit to obtaining through Hermes)
• Problem solving and planning effective contingencies and solutions.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative well organised to prioritise your workload.
• To be able to identify opportunities for efficiency and perforce improvement in depots and deliver and demonstrate performance improvement
• Ability to work across function and drive a pro-active and inclusive culture in delivering a shared goal
• Strong organisational skills
• Experience in 3rd party logistics, transport and team leadership.
• Able to demonstrate both a commercially focused and client focused operating style.
• Demonstrable evidence of achieving operational management of KPI’s and SLA’s.
• Excellent influencing skills with a proven track record of overseeing and improving compliance and operations, identifying opportunities to improve operational processes in support of this, along with an ability to promote a data protection culture within organisations
CVs to email@example.com please