£52,000 - £70,000 DOE
Benefits: car allowance, performance related bonus & extras.
Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
Reporting to the Offshore Engineering Manager.
Responsible for the provision of Transport and Installation Engineering expertise to the SSER portfolio of Offshore Wind Projects.
Supporting Projects throughout the life cycle of development and delivery, you'll be accountable for coordinating a team of Engineers and Senior Engineers, including Staff and Contractors, ensuring that the appropriate resource and competence is provided to the Projects and that adequate engineering supervision and governance is applied for all offshore construction and installation activities.
A large part of this role will involve the day to day line management and supervision of a team of engineers, managing their assignments, performance, delivery, welfare and wellbeing. This will also include setting clear goals and supporting the development of others and the department collectively.
Working with a team to establish consistent standards for the T&I work and drive a process orientated approach to support projects with all Transportation, Installation and offshore construction activities.
As a key member of the Offshore Engineering Management team you'll also be required to support departmental management activities and develop and implement the business unit strategy in-line with the SSE Renewables objectives.
- Leading and inspiring a team to provide new or innovative solutions to extract maximum value from SSE Renewable's offshore portfolio and motivate others to deliver high quality specialist work.
- Setting a strong safety culture across the team, leading by example, and establishing a team who are highly engaged with applying safety standards and pursuing improvements.
- Naval Architecture or Offshore Engineering, preferably chartered with RINA or IMarEST, with knowledge of key installation construction considerations effecting structural design including load-out, sea transportation, offshore construction techniques and installation operations.
- Organising team resources across business priorities without impacting agreed timescales and quality. Communicating across both Renewables Engineering and wider business customers and stakeholders.
- Approval of T&I Engineering design deliverables and assurance requirements under LCP Governance across the Offshore Wind Portfolio which could result in a multi £million business impact if incorrect.
- Decision making across the Offshore Wind Portfolio to ensure the best techno-economic solution is achieved within appropriate risk tolerances.
Please contact us for further details.